Happy Holidays from the Children’s Eye Foundation!
The Children’s Eye Foundation recently celebrated #GivingTuesday and we are so thrilled to have raised almost $15,000 on that one day alone!
But don’t worry if you missed Tuesday, there’s still time to support the Children’s Eye Foundation before the end of 2017! Your year-end, tax-deductible donation helps us continue the very important work of eliminating preventable blindness in children.
Here’s a snapshot of what we did in 2017!
- We gave a grant to the International Pediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus Council (IPOSC) Africa Task Force working to deal with an expected Retinopathy of Prematurity epidemic in Africa as more premature babies survive.
- We renewed funding for the hallmark Children’s Eye Foundation Research Grant Program.
- Four doctors traveled from Russia, South Africa, Argentina and Nigeria to attend the American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus (AAPOS) meeting in Nashville as part of the popular CEF Miller Travel Grant Program.
- We updated our website so more parents can find the best information about their child’s eye care from the experts at AAPOS and created a blog to keep everyone up to date on what’s happening at CEF.
Sign up to receive our blog straight to your inbox!
- Our Screen Eyes Early (SEE) campaign promoted the importance of vision screening for early detection and treatment to stop preventable vision loss.
- The Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Hall of Fame was unveiled to honor achievements that have profoundly improved children’s eye care, and to inspire continued advancements in pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus.
Give the Gift of Sight this holiday season!