We have so much to celebrate this time of year!
We can’t believe it, but the year’s coming to an end! We’ve been so excited about all that’s been happening at the Children’s Eye Foundation this year.
One of the major highlights was #GivingTuesday! As we mentioned before, we had a great day and raised money to help all kids have the best vision possible.
We were honored to share the adorable video you’ve no doubt seen by now, of a little boy putting on his glasses for the first time. If you haven’t seen this video yet, you owe it to yourself to watch! Click here to watch the video. Between Facebook and LinkedIn, we’ve had over half a million views of the video so far! And it’s no wonder why, as it so perfectly shows why we do what we do. Seeing the significance that good vision can have for a person shows how truly life changing it can be!
These stories seem to resonate so much because we all hope for children to have every opportunity to be successful in life. Being able to see well is such a big part of that.
Here are some of our favorite comments we got on social media:
- “Could there be a better gift than enabling children to see better?” -D.D.
- M.T. wrote “Hope to contribute to a better life for some child!”
- “The video of the little boy in the stroller having his glasses put on for the first time. What a miraculous moment captured in time. Thank you for all the work you do.”
- “Inspiring :)” -J.C.
- M.B. said “Vision is such beautiful Gift of God!!”
- S.G. even shared a special tribute to their ophthalmologist, “Dr. M, Thank you for your many years of dedications to Tri-County Eye and all the kids you have helped along the way!”
All of us at Children’s Eye Foundation are proud to serve you, and to work every day to help children to see well. As of today, we have raised over $43,000 of our $60,000 giving season goal. Over 70 of these gifts were from first time donors, and many from long-time loyal friends of CEF.
We couldn’t do this without you!
There are still about 2 weeks left in the giving season, and we are so hopeful we will reach our goal!
Your generosity means…
- more research to aid in the discovery of better ways to care for or prevent vision problems in kids.
- more educational resources so families can find the expert eye care, support and information they need to fight for sight.
- more public awareness about the fact that we can stop preventable vision loss.
You still have time to help us get there!
Together, we can stop preventable vision loss in children. If you haven’t done so already, please sign up for our newsletter to get eye health tips, medical news and CEF updates delivered straight to your inbox.